October is one of the best months of the year. The weather is perfect and there is so much to do! Fall is the perfect time to unleash your creative side and make fun snacks, decorations, or embrace the outdoors. Here is a list of 30 activities that will help you make the most of this perfect month.
1. Go apple picking. 2. Get a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. 3. Go to a haunted house 4. Plan a fun Halloween party for you and your friends. 5. Make a really cool Halloween costume. We will be having a costume contest this month, so start preparing now! 6. Go to a pumpkin patch. 7. Get inspiration for fall outfits from Pinterest and Tumblr. 8. Rake the leaves and jump in them! 9. Go for a hike and collect fall leaves. 10. Go on a hayride, haunted or not. 11. Navigate your way through a corn maze. 12. Go trick-or-treating. 13. Watch your favorite Halloween movies such as Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus. 14. Take cute fall pictures with your friends. 15. Bake pumpkin spice flavored desserts. 16. Curl up with a good book on a cool fall night. 17. Smell the Leaves candle from Bath and Body Works and try to resist the autumnal scent. 18. Clean out your closet and donate gently used clothes to Goodwill. 19. Go shopping for cute fall boots. 20. Decorate your apartment with fun fall decorations. 21. Volunteer at a soup kitchen to help provide warm meals in the colder months. 22. Carve a pumpkin. 23. Go on a road trip with your friends to enjoy the beautiful fall scenery. 24. Make s'mores by a campfire. 25. Look for fun activities in your community like a Fall Festival. 26. Make caramel covered apples. 27. Roast pumpkin seeds in the oven with sea salt. 28. Drink a glass of apple cider. 29. Wear a typical fall outfit consisting of a flannel, leggings, and riding boots. 30. Wear pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Make sure you are following us online to stay up to date on all of our fun October activities!
With Fall coming into full bloom and school back in session, let’s not forget how imperative self-care is. Below is a list of some recommended self-care ideas we got to help you decompress and destress.
· Go for a walk
· Read a good book
· Try a new workout class - student union
· Get pumpkin donuts
· Try a new Fall drink
· Play a new video game
· Check out the new Fall TV series!
· Clean out your closet
· Take a nap and catch up on some sleep
· Try a new bakery around town
We hope you find these ideas helpful. The NINE would love to hear what your favorite self-care go-to is. Stop by our office and let our friendly staff know what ideas you have tried or want to try.
We can’t believe that move in is just around the corner! We can’t wait to meet all of you and welcome back our returning residents! If you’re taking classes at University of Louisville, here’s a link to the Calendar of Key Dates . Make sure to add them to your planner, and be on the lookout for resident events we have planned for you over the next few weeks!